Facebook Feed


If your child is displaying a high temperature, a continuous cough or loss of taste or smell-these are symptoms of Covid-19- please seek advice from NHS and ensure to quarantine for 14 days-further advice on our school website and Facebook page.

Communication and Interaction


Specific Types of SEN within this area Diagnosis/ Treatment Route
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)

Discussion with school/ GP

Referral from GP/ School Nurse to paediatrician

Speech, language and communication needs Parent to request support from school who will refer to the Speech and Language team


Our Offer - if your child is having speech and language therapy sessions

Once given a report from Speech Therapy, we can work regularly with your child to support them.  Your child might be put on the SEN register if they meet the matrix of need criteria.  We can still work with your child even if they are not on the SEN register to support any Speech Therapy.  
If on the SEN register, an IEP may be used to help teachers support children within lessons.  We will take advice from external agencies
We will work to maintain the well-being of your child.  


Our Offer - Autistic Spectrum Disorder

The Heart Room offers places for children from any year group if they are having difficulties learning in class.  If your child has difficulties within school with learning and routines, they may be added to the SEN register.
Access to the pastoral team for social and emotional interventions. Playtime support 
IEP for children on the SEN register with targeted interventions bespoke to your child.  These are reviewed termly with parents and the child.  A referral to the GP or CAMHS may be made to support the class teacher with strategies.