Celebration and Incentives
At Ribbleton Avenue Methodist Junior School, we acknowledge all our pupils attendance and punctuality and have put in several incentives and celebrations to enable them to feel valued and included. We understand that on occasions, children may not be able to come to school so every opportunity is given for them to still celebrate their attendance too.
- Attendance assembly – we share weekly attendance and punctuality with the whole school – The winning class gets a trophy and will collect a star – classes with the most stars at the end of each term w in a prize/celebration of their choice/non uniform day. Prizes and certificates are awarded for 100% children and random name generator in assembly.
- Weekly attendance 100% children – two names are picked from the random name generator or raffle ticket from all children who have achieved 100% that week - a pencil and sticker is presented to the two winners – winners are put in the weekly newsletter.
- Weekly punctuality winners – Winning class/classes are displayed on Attendance display board & in the weekly newsletter
- Weekly attendance winners – Class winner is displayed on Attendance display board & in the weekly newsletter – trophy is given to winning class to keep for that week.
- ‘We’re on Target’ – every week each class who has achieved over the target of 97% or have O recorded lates is given a coloured ping pong ball which goes into We’re on Target box, this includes when the whole school weekly or overall attendance reaches 97% or above – when the We’re on Target fill line is reached the whole school receive a celebration e.g Golden Time, extra playtime, non-uniform day, children can chose their celebration or a surprise from Head Teacher.
- Termly 100% raffle – random name generator – A prize is given to 10 children who are picked from the random name generator who have achieved 100% each term. A raffle ticket is given for the draw at end of Academic Year – a larger prize is awarded to the raffle winner at the end of the Academic Year – Prizes are donated from local businesses in the area – Parents are notified by text.
- Termly Attendance Awards – As well as the 100% raffle – children who have 100% during 1 term will be presented with a Bronze certificate/100% certificate, sticker and bronze star badge, children who have 100% over 2 terms will be presented with a Silver Certificate, sticker and Silver star badge, children who have 100% over 3 terms will be presented with a Gold Certificate, sticker and Gold Star badge.
- Improved attendance – children who fall below our target of 97% will be monitored and children improving by 5% & 10% will receive a certificate/sticker for improving their attendance.
- Improved attendance and punctuality during monitoring cohorts - children who have improved during the 4wkly monitoring by rising above our target of 97% or have 0 lates recorded within the monitoring period will receive a little note home.
- Yr 6 leavers – whole academic year achievement – a trophy is given to the Yr6 child/ren who have the highest attendance over their time at Ribbleton Avenue Methodist Junior School. This is presented at the Leavers ceremony. A platinum Award is also awarded to some Yr6 pupils with the next high attendance.
- End of Academic Year - 97%-100% - children achieving over and above school target will be presented with a certificate and have the opportunity to celebrate with movie afternoon or celebration of their choice.
Our Target = 97%
Here at Ribbleton Avenue Methodist Junior School our mission “Brighter futures built with Ambition, Courage and Respect; filled with Love, Hope and Faith” underpins everything that we do. We pride ourselves on providing the best for our children which is reflected in our attendance. Our School target is 97% which is a minimum we expect our children to achieve. This is then celebrated by everyone in school via single prizes, assemblies, certificates, trophies and raffle prizes.
Weekly Attendance winners
6th March - 10th March 2023:-
Class weekly Attendance winners = 5M 98.2%
Class weekly Punctuality winners = 6M 2 lates
Weekly Attendance = 94.4%
Overall school attendance so far = 94.2%
Previous Attendance Winners
Attendance over the years – Academic Year
2016/2017 = 95.1% - 10 pupils had 100% Attendance
- Attendance Winning Class = 4R 96%
- Punctuality Winning Class - 5M 42 Lates
2017/2018 = 94.8% - 15 pupils had 100% Attendance
- Attendance Winning Class = 4M/4RM 95.6%
- Punctuality Winning Class - 6M 66 Lates
2018/2019 = 95.1% - 10 pupils had 100% Attendance
- Attendance Winning Class = 5M 96.3%
- Punctuality Winning Class - 5M 172 Lates
2019/2020 = 90.8% - 21 pupils had 100% Attendance
- Attendance Winning Class = 4R 96%
- Punctuality Winning Class - 5M 153 Lates
2020/2021 = 93% - 14 pupils had 100% Attendance
- Attendance Winning Class = 3R 94%
- Punctuality Winning Class - 4M 102 Lates
2021/2022 = 93.9% - 8 pupils had 100% Attendance
- Attendance Winning Class = 3M 95.8%
- Punctuality Winning Class - 3M 93 Lates