Celebration and Incentives
At Ribbleton Avenue Methodist Junior School, we acknowledge all our pupils attendance and punctuality and have put in several incentives and celebrations to enable them to feel valued and included. We understand that on occasions, children may not be able to come to school so every opportunity is given for them to still celebrate their attendance too.
- Attendance assembly – we share weekly attendance and punctuality with the whole school – The winning class gets a trophy and will collect a star – classes with the most stars at the end of each term win a prize/celebration of their choice. Prizes and certificates are awarded for 100% children and random name generator in assembly.
- Weekly attendance 100% children – two names are picked from the random name generator or raffle ticket from all children who have achieved 100% that week - a pencil and sticker is presented to the two winners – winners are put in the weekly newsletter.
- Weekly punctuality winners – Winning class/classes are displayed on Attendance display board & in the weekly newsletter
- Weekly attendance winners – Class winner is displayed on Attendance display board & in the weekly newsletter – trophy is given to winning class to keep for that week.
- ‘We’re on Target’ – every week each class who has achieved over the target of 97% is given a ping pong ball which goes into We’re on Target box – when the We’re on Target fill line is reached the whole school receive a celebration e.g Golden Time, children chose their celebration.
- Termly 100% raffle – random name generator – A prize is given to 10 children who are picked from the random name generator who have achieved 100% each term. A raffle ticket is given for the draw at end of Academic Year – a larger prize is awarded to the raffle winner at the end of the Academic Year – Prizes are donated from local businesses in the area – Parents are notified by text.
- Termly Attendance Awards – As well as the 100% raffle – children who have 100% during 1 term will be presented with a Bronze certificate/100% certificate, children who have 100% over 2 terms will be presented with a Silver Certificate/100% certificate, children who have 100% over 3 terms will be presented with a Gold Certificate and a Gold Star badge.
- Improved attendance – children who fall below our target of 97% will be monitored and children improving by 5% & 10% will receive a certificate/sticker for improving their attendance.
- Yr 6 leavers – whole academic year achievement – a trophy/badge is given to the Yr6 child/ren who have the highest attendance over their time at Ribbleton Avenue Methodist Junior School. This is presented at the Leavers ceremony.
- End of Academic Year - 97%-100% - children achieving over and above school target will be presented with a certificate and have the opportunity to celebrate with movie afternoon or celebration of their choice.
Our Target = 97%
Here at Ribbleton Avenue Methodist Junior School our mission “Brighter futures built with Ambition, Courage and Respect; filled with Love, Hope and Faith” underpins everything that we do. We pride ourselves on providing the best for our children which is reflected in our attendance. Our School target is 97% which is a minimum we expect our children to achieve. This is then celebrated by everyone in school via single prizes, assemblies, certificates, trophies and raffle prizes.
Weekly Attendance winners
4th - 7th January 2022:-
Class weekly Attendance winners = 4M 97.7%
Class weekly Punctuality winners = 3M 2 lates
Weekly Attendance = 93.3%
Overall school attendance so far = 95%
Previous Attendance Winners
Attendance over the years – Academic Year
- 2016/2017 = 95.1% - 10 pupils had 100% - Attendance
- Winning Class = 4R 96% - Punctuality Winning Class - 5M 42 Lates
- 2017/2018 = 94.8% - 15 pupils had 100% Attendance
- Winning Class = 4M/4RM 95.6% - Punctuality Winning Class - 6M 66 Lates
- 2018/2019 = 95.1% - 10 pupils had 100% Attendance
- Winning Class = 5M 96.3% - Punctuality Winning Class - 5M 172 Lates
- 2019/2020 = 90.8% - 21 pupils had 100% Attendance
- Winning Class = 4R 96% - Punctuality Winning Class - 5M 153 Lates
- 2020/2021 = 93% - 14 pupils had 100% Attendance
- Winning Class = 3R 94% - Punctuality Winning Class - 4M 102 Lates